[cvsnt] admin command permission denied

Nicholas Yue nicholas.y at NOSPAM.immersivetechnologies.com
Fri Nov 29 08:52:32 GMT 2002

While experimenting with scripts for checking log messages, I have a need to
revert commitinfo back to an original version.

Because the script has a typo, I am in a catch 22, I can check in the
updated commitinfo because the commit fails!

I executed the following (1.2 being the version I would like it to be)

$ cvs -d:ntserver:developer07:/c//cvsrepository admin -o 1.2 commitinfo
cvs [server aborted]: usage is restricted to repository administrators

I am logged in as administrator on the machine, I have also tried the domain
controller administrator account, still no success.

Does anyone know how to configure CVSNT to allow administrator access?