[cvsnt] cvsnt on WinXP

Serge Skrokhodov lbyf at medit.ru
Sat Oct 12 10:55:16 BST 2002

Hello,

I've installed cvsnt 1.11.1.3 build 57i on my notebook under
Windows XP Home Edition. Unfortunately, the test system had
problems: sspi autorization didn't work due to no permission to
standard TEMP directory from current user environment and pserver
had problems due to no permitions to repositary:(

Unfortunately, I've failed to find out how to change permissions
on WinXP:( I haven't done all the required RTFM though:) The only
way I did find is to move both TEMP directory for cvsnt service
and repository into so called 'Shared Documents' Windows XP folder:)

Unfortunately, the full path name of this folder is 'c:\Documents
and Settings\All Users\Documents' and I wouldn't like to
experiment with changing this. It's obvious that this doesn't
work if the path names are not converted into 8.3 format.

OK, now my suggestion. All dialogs in CVSNT Control Panel applet
get and store _full long paths_. So cvsnt server returns all
possible kinds of strange errors (like 'and is not a valid
command'). The only way to set correct pathnames is to edit
registry manually:(

Thanks for reading so far:) My suggestion is simple: let all the
dialogs in cvsnt Control Panel applet get and store short 8.3
pathnames!

Thank you!