[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt on WinXP

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Oct 13 17:49:11 BST 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 18:43:49 +0200, Gerhard Stegemann wrote:

> But the problem really may be due to the fact that the Home Edition of
> Windows XP does not support security settings and configurable permissions.
> To have full support for permission settings you have to use Windows XP Prof.

Aargh XP is even worse than I thought...

You could track down a copy of ntswitch to turn it into an XP Prof I
suppose.

The best way is to configure the TEMP to C:\TEMP and set it there in the
system environment & on the cvsnt control panel.  A *lot* of software will
break if it can't write to the temp directory, and if there's no way to
change the permissions then XP must be terminally broken.