[cvsnt] Re: Permission problem with cvs...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Oct 13 20:57:52 BST 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:00:41 +0100, "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:32:02 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Are there impersonation problems for pserver when the CVSNT server is
>> a member of a domain?
>
>No, it's identical except it queries the DC for the information about
>the user.
>
>You don't have 'Use local users instead of domain' checked?  In that case
>the 'bob' that's used would a local (to the server) 'bob' rather than a
>domain 'bob'.

The server that I can't get to work is a W2K server connected to the
domain. There are no local users (except one I have put there to be
abel to administer this server no matter what...), all are domain
users. The checkbox is unchecked so we are using domain accounts.

But as I said, when I tested on my server at home (not connected to a
domain and therefore using local users) the whole scheme worked
properly. So I deduce that something I have done on the CVSNT server
must cause this behaviour. The server has been with us for a year and
a half and has been running both 1.10.8 for most of this time and then
1.11.1.3 b57j lately.

>> What I need is for the setupmgr to connect through pserver in order to
>> get a way to include the password in the script and so have the whole
>> export done from within a batch file irrespective of who runs the
>> batchfile.
>> I planned on using something similar to:
>> set CVSROOT=:pserver:setupmgr:<his password>@server:/repository
>> cvs export ....
>>
>You could use the user@ syntax of sspi, which works the same a pserver (of
>course it's got to be told the password of an active user by 'login' so
>that might not be useful depending on your security needs).

OK, I will persuade the IT department to create the setupmgr account
and give me its password. Also add him to the CVSUsers group of
course. Then I can switch to pserver and hopefully get along.
I hope the syntax below is valid for sspi in a domain as well:
:sspi:user:password at server:/repository
because I will have to put the login stuff into the batch file.
(I have tested it on my no-domain system at home, works OK)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)