[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt on WinXP

Serge Skrokhodov lbyf at medit.ru
Mon Oct 14 15:57:59 BST 2002

>>Yes, in case of the Home Edition. Anyway, the Home Edition should not be
>>used for professional work.
>>

> Unfortunately, people will...  I still get the occasional email about
> running the server under Win95!
>
> Apparently you can get to security by booting in Safe Mode and logging
> into the Administrator account.
>
> IMHO with XP Home so broken I can see no reason why anyone would want to
> use NTFS with it anyway... they'd be better off with FAT32.

Thanks to everyone for responses. The problem is solved now and
it has nothing to do with permissions (I've learned how to manage
permissions on WinXP Home though:). The problems was in bad
/dev/hands and even worse /dev/head on my own very personal
computer:)

I've used '-d :sspi:serge at ser-port:/rep' option for logon and
then the same option for 'ls', 'co' etc. As soon as I tried '-d
:sspi:ser-port/rep' for commands it worked! So it's my fault
actually. The error messages were a bit misleading anyway:)

Thanks again.

Serge