[cvsnt] Problem exists on the first time to release(check in) a new project

Yin Shi yshi012 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 14:27:15 BST 2002

Hello all,

I am using CVSNT server with IBM Websphere, and everything works fine, but
When I first release a new project to the stream(like create a new module), it will
give me an error "cvs [server aborted]: User "name" can not change
c:/cvsrepo/Test/filename", and if I release it again, it works fine.  I noticed that
the first release created two files, one is .owner(my user name inside) and another is
.perms(default:rwc), so I am wandering if there is a way to change/add a permission
file in CVSROOT, or do something else so that I do not need to release it twice.

Thanks a lot!

yin