[cvsnt] How to remove old revisions of files from CVS

NELSON Jeff JNELSON at covansys.com
Tue Oct 15 16:05:12 BST 2002

We have a number of old revisions of a file that we would like to remove
from the repository.  What is the best way to do this.  IE remove all
revisions that do not have a tag assigned.

Also, is deleting a module directory from the repository using the file
system the best way to remove an entire module?

I tried the cvs release -d module command, however the module did not get
removed from the repository.

Jeffrey S. Nelson --- Infrastructure Architect
Covansys, Inc
1600 NW Compton Blvd
Beaverton, OR, 97006
Office 1-800-441-1002