[cvsnt] Unix Slashes on Temp Drives

Clipper, Chris Chris.Clipper at PacifiCorp.com
Thu Oct 17 15:10:51 BST 2002

When at the command prompt I get the following:

C:\cvstemp>mkdir \cvstemp\test1

C:\cvstemp>mkdir /cvstemp/test1
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

C:\cvstemp>mkdir \cvstemp/test1
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Win2K doesn't seem to like the forward slashes.

The drive itself has Full Control for Everyone and Network. Is there any
other user group I should add Full Control for?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Hoyle [mailto:tmh at nodomain.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 2:12 AM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: Re: [cvsnt] Unix Slashes on Temp Drives

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:18:36 +0000, Clipper, Chris wrote:

> Using 1.11.1.3 Build 57j on Windows 2000 Server with SP3 as our cvs server
> with an nt wkstn client.
>
> I keep getting....
>
> !MESSAGE Valid requests operation failed: can't create temporary directory
> C:\cvstemp/cvs-serv2148
>
> This is through Eclipse but the problem seems to be the appending of the
> unix forward slash that forces a failure to create the subdirectory.

This is because the user trying to login doesn't have write access to
c:\cvstemp.  NT doesn't care about slashes.

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else, unless expressly approved by the sender or an authorized addressee, is unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action omitted or taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please contact the sender, delete this e-mail and destroy all copies.