[cvsnt] Unix Slashes on Temp Drives

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Fri Oct 18 01:49:48 BST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:24:59 +0100, "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:39:07 +0000, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> You need to add SYSTEM as full control on the TEMP folder (use
>> C:\CVSTEMP as a special temp folder for CVSNT).
>>
>I've always wondered about this... there's no technical reason I can see
>that SYSTEM needs to write to the temp folder, unless I'm missing
>something.
>
>It may be that pserver impersonation still 'knows' it's really SYSTEM
>and checks both sets of access rights.
>
>Using the default System temp (C:\WINNT\TEMP normally) should work also -
>this should be default for new installs.
>
>Tony

OK,
I really don't *know* this, but since way back I was always told that
the temp dir must be made accessible to SYSTEM since it would be used
before the user impersonation had taken effect. It might be something
that is leftover from 1.10.8, but I have always stuck to this setting.
Might not be needed now.