[cvsnt] RereadLogAfterVerify option in config

thierry.vermeersch at nl.abb.com thierry.vermeersch at nl.abb.com
Fri Oct 18 10:19:38 BST 2002

Tony,

The aim of this option is to reread the log file before the commit is done.

Example:

I have defined a perl script in verifymsg file: this script reads the log
message (the log message file name is passed to the script),
checks for presence of keywords (this will prevent the commit from being
accepted if some info is not included) but also reformats the log message
to a pre-defined format: this results in log messages always being
consistent (text width, lowercase/uppercase, ...)

The perl script writes back the formated version of the log message back to
the passed file.

If option  RereadLogAfterVerify=always ( or RereadLogAfterVerify=stat)
would be defined, CVS would reread the log message and thus store the
re-formatted version instead of the log message as sent by the user.

I hope this example makes it somewhat clearer.

PS: Let's say this is considered an interesting option, how should I
suggest it to the CVSNT team?

Thierry

Message: 12