[cvsnt] "cvs passwd" support in latest CVS releases?

Shankar Unni shankar at cotagesoft.com
Tue Oct 22 00:32:24 BST 2002

On 10/21/2002 3:34 PM, Shankar Unni wrote:

> Supplementary question: I suppose I can just build the CVSNT source
> buildable on Linux?

To answer my own question: no.

At least, not on RedHat 7.3, using the redhat/cvsnt.spec - the
doc/Makefile croaked because it couldn't find "dvips", which is not in
my installation. Don't know which package it's supposed to be part of.
This should probably be auto-configured - if dvips isn't found, don't
generate PS documentation.

Also:

* the spec file refers to man8/*, which doesn't exist in the source tarball.

* the top-level Makefile refers to files called BUGS, MINOR-BUGS,
PROJECTS and TODO, which are not in the 1.11.1.3 source tarball..

And even after fixing the spec file, providing a dummy dvips script and
copying the above files in mid-flight to the appropriate build directory
(after the build had started and unpacked the tarball), it still doesn't
produce an RPM, though the build doesn't seem to throw any errors after
this.

Sigh..
--
Shankar.