[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel needs dlls

Bruce Hill bhill at euphonix.com
Wed Oct 23 04:49:38 BST 2002

I tried installing on Windows XP and Windows 2000 Server.
Under XP, the install appeared to succeed although it
ends with a popup: unable to modify path.  The command
line cvs works, but the cvs control panel can't be found
and the start menu link to it fails silently.

On Windows 2000, the command line fails because it can't
find msvcp70.dll and msvcr70.dll.  I copied those from my
XP windows/system32 to my 2000 windows/system32 and the
command line works, but the control panel still wouldn't
appear.

Looking back through the archives, it appears that a few
people have had the same problem in the last week or so,
since release 57j.   Back in August, Tony replied to an
email from Bo indicating that mfc70.dll was needed for
the latest development build.   I found a downloadable
mfc70.dll via a web search, installed it in my
windows/system32 directory and voila, the control panel works.

It appears that the latest build, 1.11.3 Build 57j, has
been built using VC.NET instead of VC6.  However, the
Windows installer does not include the following needed dlls:
	mfc70.dll
	msvcp70.dll
	msvcr70.dll

Seems like these dll's should be installed by the installer,
as not everyone has VC.NET.

- Bruce Hill