[cvsnt] Subdirectories in the CVS root

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Oct 22 22:00:24 BST 2002

Eric Weidl wrote:

> I don't want them to be root level modules. I want them to be
> "sub-modules".
>

> By having CVS not require each module be in the root of it's CVSROOT.

But _you_ are the one that is telling CVS that you want the module to be at the
root!

>> The repository is just a plain file system and B. how would you tell
>> them apart?
>

> How does Windows tell
>
>         /dev/client_a/web

cd /dev/client_a/web
cvs import client_a/web vendortag releasetag

> apart from
>
>         /dev/client_b/web

cd /dev/client_a/web
cvs import client_b/web vendortag releasetag

This works just the same when you are using WinCVS; you specify whatever module
name (including path) you want the import to be labled as.  FYI, you don't need
to use the MODULES file in this case; just use

	cvs co client_b/web

and you get only client_b's files.  If you create a line in the MODULES file
like this:

	client_b	client_b/web

you can do this instead:

	cvs co client_b

and the repository files under $REPOSITORY/client_b/web will be checked out into
the sandbox directory ./client_b.

HTH

John

--