[cvsnt] CVSNT

Collins, Danny Danny.Collins at LibertyMutual.com
Thu Oct 24 13:43:54 BST 2002

Here's a bit of an update.

I am successfully authenticating to the nt box that is running the CVSNT
Service. That's a step forward.

The only issue I am having now is connecting to the repository. I am
getting the same error as below. Just that this time I know the
authentication is actually happening.

Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: Collins, Danny [mailto:Danny.Collins at libertymutual.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:14 PM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: [cvsnt] CVSNT

Hello all,
        I have just installed cvsnt 1.11.1.3. I created a repository,set
the repository, set the prefix, and I added a user. I am trying to
connect remotely to the repository. On the client machine I set
cvsroot=:pserver:me at machine:/reponame

Then I use cvs login, it prompts me for a password and then hangs until
it times out with this message

cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server machinename: 0

I know I am actually connecting the the remote machine because I started
the cvsservice -test and I can see the process starting and terminating
when I connect and then it times out and I see it disconnect. Has anyone
seen this behavior and know what I have set incorrectly? I really need
to get this working soon.

Thanks
Danny