[cvsnt] Encryption flag handling for pserver and other non-encryption protocols

Bo Berglund bosse at agiusa.com
Sat Oct 26 14:18:38 BST 2002

This is a re-post since the original (via the cvsnt newsserver) never showed
up.

Can CVSNT be modified so that the -x flag is disregarded whenever the
protocol
does not use encryption? Right now if I set the -x flag in my .cvsrc file
(so it gets
applied for all cvs commands) I can no longer access the cvsgui and cvsnt
repositories.
These are two modules I have checked out using pserver. As soon as I want to
do an update on these I get an error message telling me that the protocol
does
not support -x flag. This should be a *warning* or cvs should be silent
about it.