[cvsnt] .perms

David Stebbings David.Stebbings at OK-Mail.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 17:56:20 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm getting a problem relating to the .perms file.  I saw some posts about
it before but they didn't get resolved.

The problem has arised since I copied over the repository from one server to
another (different builds of the same version of CVS).  I've reset the NTFS
permissions on the entire repository but it hasn't gone away.

What does .perms do, what creates it and why is it complaining.  Any info
would be most appreciated.

Snippet from error messages below.  System is win2k SP3, latest stable build
(57j?)

Thanks,
David Stebbings
Network and Systems Administrator
IPT-Ltd

cvs unedit: cannot read owner file in d:/cvsstore/imrs/includes: Permission
denied
cvs unedit: cannot open d:/cvsstore/imrs/includes/.perms: Permission denied
cvs unedit: cannot open d:/cvsstore/imrs/.perms: Permission denied