[cvsnt] user xxx is not a valid editor of the file yyyyy

Boyd Meier bmeier at acornsys.com
Tue Sep 3 15:47:51 BST 2002

One of the changes that was made in 57g was to propagate the '-c' commit
flag, which checks to see if the user is a valid editor of the file before
committing it.  There are two ways to get around  it:

1) Check to see if you have the -c flag set for commit in your .cvsrc, or,
if you are using WinCVS or the like, check to make sure that the "Check for
valid edits" check box is unchecked first.

2) Edit the file using cvs edit prior to committing it.

	Boyd