[cvsnt] How to commit without prompt after the command...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Sep 5 04:18:21 BST 2002

> set
> CVSROOT=:pserver:administrator:password at 192.168.0.115:C:/TEMP/CVSNTREP
> cvs login
> <<< OK >>>

FWIW, you do not need to login each time you run a command. Login is only
needed once when connecting for the very first time to a repository. After
that your login credentials will be cached within the ~/.cvspass file.

> I executed
> cvs commit test.txt
>
> It opens a window. I needed to close it (1), and after it I need to
> press Enter to confirm (2).
>
> Is possible to do it without these 2 steps?

Actually I don't see why these steps should ever happen. I have never seen a
popup I had to close manually nor any kind of confirmation message after a
commit.  What exactly do those windows/dialogs say?
What exactly are you doing? From where are you executing those commands?
Specifically:
-what OS (on the client)?
-what CVS versions (run cvs ver)?
-if you're running the commands from inside a GUI frontend (e.g WinCvs),
what version of that app are you using?

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742