[cvsnt] Getting "cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server wrath9 rejected access to /test"

Meg Garrison meg at alumni.xvanderbiltx.edu
Sat Sep 7 01:25:18 BST 2002

Getting "cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server wrath9 rejected
access to /test"After a bit of playing around I find that if I use my actual
NT password from my account on the server machine (not the password for the
cvs account of the same name I created earlier today) then it works.  I was
under the impression that the opposite would be true.

Explanation anyone?

Thanks,
Meg

-
"Garrison, Meg" <Meg.Garrison at hp.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1031340963.24874.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
Hi,
Newbie question I'm sure, so please forgive.
I'm trying to set up a cvsnt server (running W2K, Sp3).  I followed the
instructions in Bo's write-up (thank you so much!), at least I think I
followed the instructions.
At any rate, from my client, which is Windows XP, I get the following error
message when I try to login
        cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server wrath9 rejected
access to /test
Ideas?
Meg Garrison