[cvsnt] cvs update won't ignore certain files specified with -I

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Sep 11 21:51:18 BST 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:09:26 +0000, jlcarpente wrote:

> cvs update -I somefile -r someTag -r someTag
> is not working.

I'm not exactly sure why there is an -I option to update.  Its purpose
appears to be so you can stop new files being created of certain types
when you update.  However it doesn't stop any existing files being
updated (there is no mechanism to do this), thus making it a confusing
and (almost) useless option.