Vedr.: [cvsnt] Maintaining a website with CVS [OffTopic]

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Wed Sep 18 10:33:22 BST 2002

Hi

You can make the cvs login work in a bat-file this way:

cvs login<password.txt

password.txt has to contain the password for the user that is running the
bat-file.

Regards

Jørgen Møller Larsen - Nykredit Data - Koncernmetode og Arkitektur (KMF-V)
- Telefon: +45 9635 5069 - email: jml at nykredit.dk

                    "Tobias
                    Mueller"             Til:    <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>
                    <tmueller at a-i-       cc:
                    c.de>                Vedr.:  [cvsnt] Maintaining a website with CVS [OffTopic]
                    Sendt af:
                    cvsnt-admin at cv
                    snt.org

                    2002-09-17
                    17:34
                    Besvar
                    venligst til
                    "Tobias
                    Mueller"

Hi!

I'm relatively new to CVS, thus I managed to get CVSNT up and running on
our
development server. We're developing a rather big Web project, therefore we
needed version management tools. I'd like to keep a ckeckedout-version of
our repository on our server in order to access it via WebServer. Therefore
I'd like to use SINC http://sinc.sourceforge.net as a scheduler for running
the checkouts automatically, and there my problem starts:

I need to write a .bat file which SINC calls, for example every 10 minutes.
The problem is the "cvs login" command, because it prompts for the
password.
The checkout itself is not a problem.

How can I manage to do this? Maybe anyone has established a similar
system...
Thanks a lot in advance,

Tobi