[cvsnt] Anyone got :gserver: working from Linux to Win2K ?

Jon Rabone jon.rabone at criticalblue.com
Thu Sep 19 10:32:10 BST 2002

> You'd need an AD version of gserver.  It should be possible to do but
the
> code has rotted since I don't have an AD domain to test on any more
and
> nobody seems that interested in it.
> I'm not sure how you'd do it just using the MIT code.  I believe it's
> possible but requires a bit of setting up on the NT site.

Oh. I rather thought that the point of gserver was interoperability.
After all, ntserver and sspi are proprietary, plain password is not on
(nothing on our networks uses plain passwords), and ssh is a hassle.
Gserver was my great hope.

I'd be willing to test / maintain an ADS version of cvsnt, but I was
hoping that there was a simple "how-to" document on making MIT gserver
work with the CVS server hosted on Win2K. Since there isn't, I will
write one, if I ever get it going... In the meantime if anyone has any
pointers (I've read the MS interoperability white papers) I'd be most
grateful.

Thanks,

Jon.