[cvsnt] cvs diff hangs with CvsNt on Win2000 using :pserver:

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Sep 23 10:15:47 BST 2002

You should be able to issue cvs commands directly on the command line
without the -d option if you are in a sandbox. Cvs will get into the
CVS subfolder, open the Root file and read the CVSROOT that was used
when the module was checked out. This is then used for the command.
This is also how cvs normally works, so if you are having problems
then probably the sandbox was checked out using another root than the
one you want to use now. If you are just testing you can do a few things:

Open the CVS/Root file and compare it with what you want to use. If it
contains another string then:

1) Check out the module to another sandbox on your disk. Then test your
   commands on this module.
2) Edit the CVS/Root file to have the correct data. Then try your commands.

/Bo