[cvsnt] Re: Branch permissions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Sep 23 14:46:08 BST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:40:51 -0400, "Jeffrey S. Nelson"
<jnelson at covansys.com> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C262E5.4E419970
>
>I found a reference to setting branch level access, however I don't seem =
>to be able to find a detailed description of doing this.
>
>I am trying to set permissions at certain branches so that only limited =
>users can update the branch.  I would also like to set permissions on =
>the HEAD stream so that limited users can have write access. =20
>
>Has anyone done anything like this?  If so do you have an example?

Something like this should work (as a repository administrator, so you
don't lock yourself out):

Lock down 'mybranch' so that only user1 and user2 have read/write
access to it:

cvs chacl -R -r mybranch user1:rwc
cvs chacl -R -r mybranch user2:rwc
cvs chacl -R -r mybranch default:n

Lock down HEAD so only certain users can write, others
can read:

cvs chacl -R user3:rwc
cvs chacl -R user4:rwc
cvs chacl -R default:r