[cvsnt] RE: CVSNT Add New Users? and "cvs passwd"...ugh.

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Sep 24 08:01:52 BST 2002

First off:
You are using an *OLD* version of CVSNT where there are a number of bugs that have been
fixed in later releases.

Advice #1: Go get the latest version and install it instead...

Configuration of the CVS server has changed considerably too, so you are well off reading
this treatise on setup:
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

And forget about environment variables, they apply only to the client side if clients use
the command line and not WinCvs. With WinCvs you can forget about environment variables
altogether. Likewise, once a module has been checked out you can forget the environment
variables for operations within the local copy too. CVS caches all needed info in control
files below each checked out folder.

Regarding the user add function, it is described in the above document, but there are some
quirks to it when you are on a domain, so be suer to read all about it and especially the
part about the CVSROOT/admin file.

Good luck!

/Bo