[cvsnt] Impersonation failed

Andrus Suitsu andrus.suitsu at proekspert.ee
Tue Sep 24 11:34:06 BST 2002

Hi!

I got build 57i up and running on XP Pro last week. I set users to be
authenticated against our domain and impersonation turned on. I have
separate /cvstemp with rights assigned to everyone and a respository with
the same access rights. So far so good.

It worked until I started to assign access control to individual modules.
The first mistake I made was to use local machine user groups containing
domain users for access control. That did not work and resulted in various
"access denied" messages. After figuring that out I then created the
necessary groups as global groups in the domain and started assigning access
rights based on those groups.

Oops -- troubled people showed up complaining about CVS problems! I thought
everything will be back fine if I give access rights to Everyone but it was
too late. And also the error was a new one -- impersonation failed. At the
moment CVSNT works only if impersonation is disabled or if it is enabled
together with local account authentication (but I really need domain
aunthetication). So the problem is related to domain account access. But
without impersonation users are still successfully authenticated against the
domain! I am really running out of useful brain energy, does anybody have
any ideas what has happened to my CVSNT? I need to have access control, that
was the whole idea of using it.

Thanks!

Andrus