[cvsnt] Re: How to setup SSPI

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Sep 26 09:08:17 BST 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:06:20 +0000, Júlio Maranhão wrote:

> Hi, folks!
>
> I am getting the following error: "cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth
> response from ers02: cvs [server aborted]: Authentication failed".
>
> When I try ntserver I get: "cvs [checkout aborted]: Couldn't connect to
> named pipe on remote machine: Error 1326".

This means there is no trust between the client and server (probably
because you're not logged into the domain).  For SSPI you can use 'cvs
login' and specify the username to login.  For ntserver there's no
reliable method, but opening a network share on the server is reported
to work.

> The test cliente is a WinXPPro (using local account, but same name and
> login).
> When I try from a Win98 cliente machine (domain acount, same name and
> login), ntserver works, but sspi fails.

That's unusual, since they're the same basic authentication (In fact I
can't think of a reason why sspi would fail if ntserver works).