[cvsnt] Several modules for large binary files?

Lucia.Kaeser Lucia.Kaeser at helvetia.de
Thu Sep 26 12:50:13 BST 2002

Hello CVS/WinCvs-Experts,

as a not very experienced user of CVS/Wincvs I do have the following
question of handling large binary files:

We maintain a large binary file (a database file) within CVS with a size
of approx. 50 MB and the module in CVS has reached now the size of
approx. 500MB. Since CVS stores all the revisions in one single file we
fear, that we once could reach the maximum size of  a file and that CVS
could not store the new revision. Do you have any experience with that
large files ? Is it recommended to start e.g. with a new module for that
database each year?

We are using CVSNT 1.11.1.1 (Build 27) on a W2000-Server and WinCvs13b4.

Thanks for your advice

Lucia Käser