[cvsnt] Best document for newbie adding first proj to CVSNT

RLMuller RLMuller at comcast.net
Thu Sep 26 22:21:09 BST 2002

Hi All,

I want to add a Visual Studio project to CVSNT installed on a Win2000 Advance Server OS.  Then I like to able to checkout/in component from using WinCVS on a Win2000Pro workstation.

Right now, I've got the source tree on the workstation.  I read something in passing that I should always add new projects from the server rather than from a workstation to avoid problems with CRLF translation to and from Newline.  Is that true?

If you can direct me to the best write-up on getting started, I'd be most appreciative.  I just bought the O'Reilly CVS Pocket Reference and ordered Open Source Development with CVS.  I'm hopeful that will help.

TIA,
Richard