[cvsnt] problem with dns & cvs

Aaron Kynaston AKynaston at novell.com
Thu Apr 3 17:56:50 BST 2003

This doesn't look like a cvs prob . .

You can tell exactly where your update is going to go - look in any CVS\Root file, and it'll show you where it's getting its data from.

you are possibly doing two different queries - your tracert looks fine - you can see 80.199.162.67 just fine, but when you do your update, it's most likely looking into those local files to get the IP.

Aaron Kynaston
akynaston at novell.com
office: (801) 861-6709
cell: (801) 368-8633
fax: (801) 861-6778
Novell Inc., The leading provider in net services software.
www.novell.com

>>> "Rune Christensen" <rune.christensen at adslhome.dk> 04/03/03 02:07AM >>>
Hello

I have a problem

Can anyone tell me how the problem can besolve I will be very happy

I'm using winXP

First I use the tracert program
D:\DTU\02130>tracert rc.dyndns.dk

Sporer rute til rc.dyndns.dk [80.199.162.67]
over et maksimum af 30 hop:

  1  ^C

Then I login
D:\DTU\02130>cvs login
Logging in to :sserver:rune at rc.dyndns.dk:2401:/02130
CVS password: ********

But when I will update the cvs has a different IP address than tracert
pointing to rc.dyndns.dk
D:\DTU\02130>cvs update pro2
cvs [update aborted]: connect to 80.161.53.77(80.161.53.77):2401 failed: Et
forb
indelsesfors°g mislykkedes, fordi den, der tilsluttede, ikke svarede korrekt
eft
er en periode, eller forbindelsen mislykkedes, fordi den tilsluttede vµrt
ikke s
varede.

Regards
Rune