[cvsnt] A newbie question: initialising a repository

Nasko Vassilev nasko at bvm.bg
Fri Apr 4 10:52:17 BST 2003

I guess this might have been discussed before, but I really couldn't find
the solution to my problem, so I decided to take the risk of bothering some
of you, guys.
Here's my configuration:
On a win2000 box i've installed wincvs for NT, the server version
On another win2000 in the same LAN i've installed the wincvs client
application
I try to connect to the server using the "ntserver" protocol.
On the server computer i've created a folder g:\repositories where i want to
store all my repositories.

Now, if I try to create a new repository from the client application using
"create a new repository..." everything fails. I set the path in different
manners:
g:\repositories\repository1
/g:/repositories/repository1
/g/repositories/repository1
/repositories/repository1 (because the shared folder repositories on the
server machine has the same share name)

In all these occasions I get something like: "... no such repository
repository1"
Do you have any clues?

Now, If I create the repository from the administration tool on the server
machine it is okay, but whenever I try to import a module from the client
application using the paths above I get the same error message...
I really cannot understand what i'm doing wrong

Thank you guys in advance!

Nasko