[cvsnt] 2 issues: Install (repository initialization failed) & Import (CVS directories created outside the Module)

Matthew Lee matt at vistaseeker.com
Sun Apr 6 21:24:21 BST 2003

Howdy:

I've just installed the latest stable build, on a local disk. I have followed the instructions from the Wiki to the letter.

I'm immediately running into 2 issues:

1.  When the CVSNT service control panel attempts to initialize a repository, it fails.  When I run the command on the CLI it works perfectly. Is this a known bug? I cannot find mention of this anywhere. (Google,mailing lists, wiki)

2.  I can add a module to the newly-created respository without problems.  However, CVSNT places a CVS directory OUTSIDE the module directory.  This is wreaking havok with the icon overlays and seems to be generally wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew Lee
http://portfolio.vistaseeker.com