[cvsnt] update -p option over binary files

Jerzy Kaczorowski jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Tue Apr 8 14:59:27 BST 2003

>The "Retrieve revision" item should *only* be visible if the graphed file
>is a text file, because only then does it work at all.

Nah, it's just a bug and a long standing one ;)

In fact I am close to solving the whole issue - the problem lies in cvsgui
protocol and the fix will involve both WinCvs and CVSNT changes. I can make
the binary files working with a very small changes but then the text files
are getting unixy line endings which is something that will complicate the
issue. I am currently looking into the ways to make it working with old,
"broken" versions as well as with fixed ones if possible. So, the menu item
stays if not only to keep me working on it ;)

Best Regards,
Jerzy