[cvsnt] Re: Shared passwd file...

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Tue Apr 8 19:41:00 BST 2003

Christer Grimsæth wrote:

>Is there realy nobody that knows the answer to this??
>

>"Christer Grimsæth" <chrigri at msn.com> wrote in message
>news:b6rqkm$d97$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>is it possible to share a common passwd file across multiple cvs
>>repositories?

This is easy to do on Unix, where you just create a symbolic link from a
master passwd file.

I have never done this on Windows, however I believe that NTFS 5 (which
is supplied with Windows 2000) allows the creation of "junctions", which
can be used for creating the equivalent of symbolic links. No idea how
to do that, though.

-Torsten