[cvsnt] cvs administration

Mike Bechtold mbechtold at baneng.com
Wed Apr 9 20:45:01 BST 2003

I've been using WinCVS 1.3.12.1 beta 12 (build 1). with NTSERVER. it has
been working great.  I follow in the install guide on CVSNT.org.  As for
Admin the repository I organized it be groups.  CVS-ADMIN, CVS-USERS,
CVS-READERS.  then I set the privileges in the repository using the groups
CVS-ADMIN has full control, CVS-USERS has modify control except in the
CVSROOT folder they have full control.  CVS-READERS have read only access
(not used here yet).  I'm a little unsure why the users need full control of
the CVSROOT.  I think I might be certain files need this setting.  But I
though I needed to be leant

"Janusz Racz" <janusz.racz at mail.goecon.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.960.1049913344.22290.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> Hi,
> I am a cvs new user. I have Wincvs installed on my sandbox and CVSNT on
the server side. Can I administrate accounts remotely from WinCVS? I'd like
to create new account, reset passwords, create new repositories.

> BTW: anyone has experiences with WinCVS 1.2 and 1.3.8.1 beta? Which
version is better stable 1.2 or 1.3 beta? I'll appreciate any suggestions.