[cvsnt] newbie: Cannot create repository

kumar mkumar at calcas.com
Wed Apr 9 22:18:34 BST 2003

Hi
I have downloaded cvsnt2.0.0. Installation went through fine. In my c:\
drive i created cvsrepo and cvstemp directories. cvsnt is installed in
c:\program files directory.

I statrted cvsnt applet from control panel. I gave repository prefix as
c:/cvsrepo and tried to create a repository test.

I got a message Repository initialsation failed. To see errors, type the
following at command line:
cvs -d C:/cvsrep/test init.
When i tyrped this on my command prompt it gave me a message
'cvs' is not recognized as an internal external command ,operable program or
batch file. (Do i need to put something in path)

Please let me know.
I am using this as reference http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips

Even though repository creation is failing it is creating test directory
under cvsrepo and is adding it valid repository roots.
Thanks
Kumar