[cvsnt] CVSROOT/cvsrc problems

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Apr 11 00:02:02 BST 2003

Erv Walter wrote:

> When I have commit -c in the CVSROOT/cvsrc file, I get error messages
> from
> cvsnt clients for basically all commands. For example:
>
> cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
>
> The command seems to work, but that is at the start. Removing the commit
> -c
> from the cvsrc file makes that error stop. I have not tried other
> entries
> in the cvsrc file to see if they have similar problems.
>
> Any suggestions?

No idea, unless there's something odd in the file that's making it
complain...  I usually put an 'update -dP' in the cvsrc files I use.  I'll
have a prod tomorrow and see if I can break it.

Is it checked in or edited directly?  Checked in is better...  I'm not sure
what the line endings would do otherwise (it occurs to me that that could
generate the error you're seeing).