[cvsnt] Re: [ViewCVS] CVSGraph Not Displaying Branch Links

Paul Russell paul_newsgroups at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 11 08:46:47 BST 2003

Slam, hit the wall... Hopefully not brick...
I'm mostly an embedded systems developer, and have this problem compiling UNIX/LINUX packages for use in Windows (GVSGraph... GNU Stuff...) . I'm just not set up for it and don't know how to get started, even though I try now and again.
Most of these packages have been compiled under Windows in older versions, so it must be possible. They tend to have ./configure shell scripts that don't work "out of the box" under Windows.
If someone could explain what I need to do to get setup for this, or where there is a reasonable web page explaining the procedure, I'll happily try to compile and release Windows Binaries. I have access to a system with Microsoft VS.Net installed on Win2000. Or maybe I should use the GNU compiler? How to make that work under Windows?
Paul R.
 Paul Russell <paul_newsgroups at yahoo.ca> wrote:
Just realized I'm using an old version of CVSGraph(1.2), and that the merge_to/from feature was added in 1.4.
So I'm off to try compiling 1.4, although if someone else was to make Windows binaries available for it I would be happy (et. al.)
If I'm successful I'll try to make the binaries available on either the CVSGraph, ViewCVS, or CVSNT WebPages.
Paul R.
  Bertho Stultiens <bertho at j.auh.dk> wrote: On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Keith Lee wrote:

> I don't know if this is because of something I have done or is a bug in
> the Windows version of cvsgraph. But when committing a file that has had a
> merge from a branch to the main trunk, the branch link showing that merge
> does not display in the graph. If I have a branch and a main branch,
> should not cvsgraph show a link between them at the merge point?

Please read the documentation. You need to configure cvsgraph before it can
display merges. Take a look at merge_to and merge_from docu.

--
Greetings Bertho