[cvsnt] Re: Problems with perm file

Christer Grimsæth chrigri at msn.com
Wed Apr 16 10:07:57 BST 2003

> If a user adds a directory they of course have write access to that
> directory... it wouldn't make sense otherwise.  If you want fine-grained
> pemissions use NTFS permissons - the cvsnt permissions are only designed
for
> limited locking down of branches etc.

I can understand that you create the .owner file in the way you're doing.
But I can't see way the "default" role in the .perms file should have "rwc".
This will lett all users have wite access to all new files!

So this means I have no way of controling the permissions of the new files
added to my cvs repositories....

I will suggest that it should use the .perm file from the parent folder as a
template. Or that there is some way of telling it to use a template that I
deploy.

The content of the .perm file I want to use in my setup is like this:

.perm:
default:n
readGroup:r
writeGroup:rwc