[cvsnt] Crashes

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 11:07:43 BST 2003

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> writes:

> There haven't been any reported problems with the latest version, except
> where I suspect someone was seeing the side effect of using a network share
> (not sure, but I added a workaround anyway).  I expect that one would be
> hard to duplicate, though.

Hello Tony,

here is the "maybe network share"-guy again ;-). I swear it's no
network share. It is just a local harddisk which is given the drive
letter R:.

I now have the following hang reproducable here:

D:\CVSWORK>cvs -t -t -t co sw
  -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 68
  -> Session ID is 443e9d2574729d
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:okoltermann at xxx.xxx:r:/xxx/xxx
S -> do_module(sw, Updating, , )
S -> Found module &a &b &c &d &e &f &g &h &i &j &k &l &m &n &o &p &q &r &s
S -> do_module(a, Updating, , (null)/a)

(changed module names)

This is with CVSNT 2.0.1a client/server. It stays there for over half
an hour now. In the servers TEMP a folder "cvs-serv6188" was created
and a cvs process has these files open.

I often read about crash dumps. How can I produce one? I guess there
is none because the processes don't crash but just hang. What else can
I supply?

Thanks,
  OK.