[cvsnt] Re: CVS Service definitively doesn't work

Marcos ncowfbx at pop.com.br
Tue Aug 5 14:42:02 BST 2003

>> The problem is:
>> The service starts and runs ok, but it stops at every access
>> that I try to
>> do.
>
> Are you running any anti-virus software?

No, I don't have any anti-virus running.

>> Even doing a telnet connection!
>
> What happens when you do a telnet connection?

It connects bust a few seconds later the service stops (even if I don't do
anything.

>   C:\>telnet cvssrv 2401
>   BEGIN MY REQUEST          <-- you type this, then press Control J.
>   cvs [pserver aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN MY REQUEST
>
>   Connection to host lost.
>
>   C:\>
>
> Also:
>
>  - What is the value of your PATH environment variable?

It's ok.

>  - What is the value of your CVSROOT environment variable?

It's ok too.

>  - What is the value of your CVS_RSH environment variable?

Is necessary to set this variable to use pserver? With which value?

>  - what versions of CVS client and server software are
>    you using?

The last CVSNT stable version (2.0.8) and the cvs client that comes with it.

My Eclipse is 2.1.1 but I this is not importante since Eclipse uses the
cvs.exe (in the path) to do interact with the server.

--
POP. Nem parece internet grátis.

Seja POP você também!
Acesse: http://www.pop.com.br/pop_discador.php e baixe o POPdiscador.