[cvsnt] how to login from cmd shell script ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Aug 8 17:00:33 BST 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:26:44 -0400, "keith" <keith at kdz13.net> wrote:

>I believe it would store the password for the repository in the sandbox,
>yes.

It's actually stored in the registry.

However with SSPI it's better to not login at all - let Windows handle the
authentication automatically.  The ability to login with sspi is for when the
machine is remote & not part of the workgroup/domain.  I've had cases where
laptops have got themselves into a wierd intermediate domain/non-domain state
where they required a login (logged into the domain, refused to authenticate..
same for network shares) but in 90% of cases it's not needed.