[cvsnt] invalid repository path when tagging - cvsnt zombie

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Aug 11 17:19:52 BST 2003

> did anyone habe problems with tagging in cvsnt2.0.4? (Both nt
> and unix).
> I'm using a (large) module that I can check out, update etc. without
> problems. But
> when I try to tag the module, cvs -q tag -c Tagname Directory
> first cvs reports the ignored directories (CVS dirs) and
> then I get lists of directories with the comment "invalid
> repository path
> -   full dir path".

No solutions here, but hopefully getting closer to the problem.

What OS and version of TortoiseCVS are you using?  I seem to recall some
sort of problem with the length of the command line, there is a limit
depending on your OS (Win9x being MUCH more limited than NT+, but both
have limits) that IIRC was a problem with some versions of TortoiseCVS
and/or WinCVS.  When you see the command line in the Tortoise window,
can you copy it and try running it directly on the command line to see
if it is the same problem?

Glen Starrett