[cvsnt] Windows 2000 File Permissions and remote access protocols

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Aug 12 23:50:20 BST 2003

> I followed Bo Berglund's excellent CVSNT Installation
> Background for the most part, but creating the repository
> under the Administrator account is evidently not a common approach.

I don't believe that is true at all--I think most people have installed
and created their repositories under the adminitrator account.  It is
possible though that if you locked down the permissions on the cvsnt /
repository / temp directories that you neglected to grant permissions to
the SYSTEM account.  Usually the SYSTEM account has access via MS'
"generous" everyone read access but that is sometimes removed.  Did you
check that SYSTEM had permissions on the files?

Regards,

Glen Starrett