[cvsnt] Repeat issue: Export doesnt work properlyanymore(2.0.4and 2.0.8)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Aug 13 11:40:24 BST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:25:10 -0700, "Glen Starrett" <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>A-HA!!!!!!!!!!  I figured out WHY it works for Tony and yet I can
>reproduce Bo's problem myself.  Note Tony's command vs. mine and Bo's:
>
>Tony:	cvs -d d:/repo export -r HEAD -d foo -N develop/include cvs
>Me:	cvs -d :pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot export -r HEAD -d
>useme2 -N cool/images
>Bo:	cvs export -r HEAD -d WSMDB-CS -N Drivers/sentinel
>
>Tony is using local protocol, vs. pserver for me and ??? For Bo.  I ran
>this on my cvsnt 2.0.8 Linux server as verification:

Nope... not that, unfortunately:

D:\t>cvs -d :pserver:tmh at localhost:d:/repo export -r HEAD -d foo -N
develop/include
cvs export: Updating foo/develop/include
U foo/develop/include/16BitHeaders.h
U foo/develop/include/AFXIMPL.H
U foo/develop/include/DbgHelp.h

Or even...

tmh at betty:~$ cvs -d :pserver:tmh at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs export -r HEAD
-d foo -N cvsnt/windows-NT

cvs export: Updating foo/cvsnt/windows-NT
U foo/cvsnt/windows-NT/.cvsignore
U foo/cvsnt/windows-NT/ChangeLog
U foo/cvsnt/windows-NT/Makefile.am
U foo/cvsnt/windows-NT/Makefile.in