[cvsnt] trying to shadow website on network drive

Misner, Ris rmisner at accelent.com
Wed Aug 13 18:11:24 BST 2003

> Misner, Ris wrote:
>
> > One of the projects in this repository is the company
> website, so the idea is that developers will commit a change
> to the website in CVS, and then this postcommit script will
> automatically update the website directory on the server so
> that the change appears on the internet immediately after
> that change is committed to CVS.  This would be very
> convenient integration if I could get it working.
> >

> You are hardly the only person who thought this would be an
> excellent use of
> CVS; you are also not the only person to discover it is very
> difficult to manage
> with NT!
>
> My best suggestion is to make the CVSNT and web server the
> same box.  Then you
> can use the script and instructions here:
>
> 	http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/CvsChapter180
>
> to keep the web server updated.  This will work and will not
> require as much
> hairloss as the other method below.

In case anyone is interested or following this topic, I was able to execute "NET USE" with appropriate options to acquire network shared drive access from my script, thus solving my problem.

Thanks to everyone who contributed with suggestions and info.  I appreciate all of your help very much!!

-Ris