Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [cvsnt] anyone using cvsnt with lock server on linux?

Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de
Thu Aug 14 14:56:12 BST 2003

Hi,
here's the CVSROOT/config file for the repository. Nothing special, I
think. Since the comment for the lockserver states that it overrides the
LockDir settings, I didn't comment it out.

# Set this to `no' if pserver shouldn't check system users/passwords
#SystemAuth=yes

# Put CVS lock files in this directory rather than directly in the
repository.
LockDir=/var/lock/cvs

# Use a CVS Lock server (overrides LockDir setting).
LockServer=localhost:2402

# Set `TopLevelAdmin' to `yes' to create a CVS directory at the top
# level of the new working directory when using the `cvs checkout'
# command.
#TopLevelAdmin=no

# Set `LogHistory' to `all' or `TOFEWGCMAR' to log all transactions to the
# history file, or a subset as needed (ie `TMAR' logs all write operations)
LogHistory=TOFEWGCMAR

# Set `AtomicCommits' to `yes' to do atomic commits on systems that support
this.
AtomicCommits=yes

# Set `RereadLogAfterVerify` to control rereading of the log file after a
verifymsg
#   `always` or `yes` to always reread the log regardless
#   `never` or `no` (default) to never reread the log
RereadLogAfterVerify=always

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with regards

Markus Gebhardt

ETAS/ESC-ES
Borsigstrasse 14
D-70469 Stuttgart
Tel. +49 (0)711 89661 278
markus.gebhardt at etas.de

|         |           Tony Hoyle       |
|         |           <tmh at nodomain.org|
|         |           >                |
|         |           Gesendet von:    |
|         |           cvsnt-bounces at cvs|
|         |           nt.org           |
|         |           14.08.2003 15:13 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |       An:       cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook                                                                                       |
  |       Kopie:                                                                                                          |
  |       Thema:    Re: Antwort: Re: [cvsnt] anyone using cvsnt with lock server on   linux?                              |

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:09:43 +0200, Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de wrote:

>Does the port need to be listed in /etc/services? I've tried both, with
and
>without, though.

Since the port is only used by the cvs server there's not a lot of point
(there's no particular reason why it's 2402, it's just a reasonable
default).

What is in your CVSROOT/config?