[cvsnt] Re: cvs export mystery thickens...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Aug 14 22:36:13 BST 2003

So what is going on here? Why is it that the output of export varies
so much for the exact same command. It really puzzles me.
BTW I have updated my home XP workstation to 2.0.8 now and this is the
version that successfully exports with pserver protocol against Tony's
server.

I have "patched" my build problems on my own workstation by copying
the cvs.exe and protocol dlls I need into the folder from which the
build batch files are executed when they are exported. The version I
put there is 1.11.1.3 b72 and it temporarily solves my build problem
by executing the cvs export properly. The build starts out by me
executing the boot batch file from an updated sandbox, it then exports
the main batch file from CVS to the build folder and then changes
directory over there and calls the newly exported batch file. When
that runs the current dir contains the old cvs.exe and so the
following exports work as they should.
But this is a kludge really, should work out of the box....

/Bo

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:44:06 -0700, "Glen Starrett"
<grstarrett at cox.net> wrote:

>> What is really the difference then...
>> Is it protocol dependent such that SSPI (which is what I use)
>> does not work? Is it possible to access your server using
>> sspi? (I guess not since it is on Linux..)
>
>I saw the differences using pserver on my Linux box, and reproduced the
>problem from XP client to Linux server with pserver also.  The only time
>it worked for me was on the Linux box in local mode.
>
>Regards,
>
>Glen Starrett

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)