[cvsnt] Baseline and lock files

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Aug 15 11:02:56 BST 2003

Do you really understand how CVS works????
You should read up on the basics before going further. There are links on the CVSNT homepage to good info sources.

You describe something that does not make any sense unless you have confused the repository and the checked out copy of a module.

There simply are no files in the repository named as you decribe (hello.text). All files in the repository are RCS files with an extension of ,v, so your file would be hello.txt,v inside the repository.

Using NTFS security inside the *repository* is simple and effective, but of course you have to be on the server doing this!
Also NTFS can only handle the permissions on individual files and folders, not on certain revisions on a file. Revision handling is done through CVS and this again requires a thorough read of the available literature.
Start with the Cederquist as a reference and Karl Fogels book as a user's perspective.

And what do you mean by CI???

/Bo