[cvsnt] SQL backend

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Aug 15 15:45:00 BST 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:21:11 +0200, "Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se>
wrote:

>Just came to my mind:
>1. The CVSNT system is developed using MS VS DOTNET as I understand it.
>2. With this comes the license to distribute MSDE with applications developed using VS
>3. But does this license really cover the open source community???

In theory, yes, but remember MSDE has a 2GB database limit, and a 10 user
limit.  For small installations that's fine but it's not something that I'd
like to rely on.

I can imagine there will be an MSDE plugin for CVSNT fairly early on (since we
use it here) so you will be able to use if if you like.